Your Paint Color Matters
Paint color is important! Here is a look at some of the fascinating information unearthed in Zillow’s 2017 Paint Color Analysis.
Homes painted light blue or pale blue/grey sell for more, up to $5440 more:
- Blue kitchens (a blue grey) sell for $1809 more
- Light blue bathrooms – $5440 more
- Brown living rooms (light beige, pale taupe, oatmeal) – $1926 more
- Blue bedrooms (cadet blue, cerulean) – $1856 more
- Blue dining rooms (slate blue to pale grey) – $1926 more
- Greige home exterior (light blue mixed with beige) – $3496 more
- Navy blue front door – $1514 more.
And the wrong color can cost you:
- Darker, taste specific (ex: terracotta) – $2031 less
- White bathrooms $4035 less.
If you are thinking about selling your house, take this seriously. Buyers want move-in ready homes and often don’t even want to paint. If you are going to repaint your home, use these colors to guide you in your grey and blue grey color selections.